Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sale Picks of the Week

Listen up because the information that I’m about to impart upon you is crucial to online bargain brand-name shopping—Nordstrom posts new markdowns on a ton of merchandise every Tuesday—anywhere from 30-60% or more off the original price. You’ll quickly learn that I am a very loyal Nordstrom customer, not just because I was once a loyal employee but also for these and many other reasons:

1. Free shipping and free returns all the time. When you purchase online a lot like I do, both-way free shipping is critical.

2. They price match. Find an item for a better price somewhere else? Call customer service and they’ll match the competitor’s price. This is how I scored an awesome pair of $175 Sam Edelman leopard pumps for $60. Dillards had an online shoe sale but didn’t have my size. I called Nordies and soon had my killer shoes.

3. They price adjust. Just buy something full price only to see it marked down a few days later? Nordstrom will credit the difference back to you no questions asked. This has worked in my favor several times, most recently yesterday when I noticed the pair of cropped white Citizens I ordered last week was marked down from $179 to $99.90. I called immediately and in less than a minute my purchase price was adjusted to reflect the sale price.

4. No statute of limitations on returns. Most stores have a 30, 60 or 90 day return policy. At Nordstrom, you can return something a year after purchasing and receive a full-credit refund. Not that I return stuff a year later, but ever find something in your closet that you haven’t worn, realize you never will and purchased exactly 91 days ago? It’s nice to know you’re not stuck with your bad purchase.

I could go on but I think I’ve justified my devotion. So be sure to add “check out Nordstrom sale” on your Tuesday to-do list because you never know what you’ll find.

Here are my top sale picks for this week:


I bought this top back in May, about five weeks after the birth of my second son. It was a splurge (I paid full price), but I loved it. The forgiving cut made me feel cute, comfortable and fashionable. The online review that is posted is bad but frankly, the person is wrong. It is the luxurious soft knit that Ella Moss is known for and looks awesome with my high-waisted skinny J Brands and is a steal at only $69.90.

Click here to purchase


I ordered these several weeks ago when they were first marked down. They are a good basic that can be dressed up or down. Normally I prefer ankle-length skinnies because they can be worn unrolled with flats and don't bunch when worn with boots, but at $99.90, I couldn't pass these up. I have a feeling that these will be in my wardrobe for years to come because they are just that kind of go-to jean that we've come to expect from Sevens.

Click here to purchase


This dress was such an amazing deal that I couldn't pass it up! $29.97 for a dress that was orignally priced at $78? Yes please! The picture doesn't do this dress justice and I was really pleased to find that it is much much cuter in person. The print is bold and beautiful and if paired with a black patent skinny belt, would be even cuter. I wore mine to church on Sunday with some turquoise flat sandals and gold jewelry and looked pretty put together, if I do say so myself.

Click here to purchase


Last but not least, I thought I'd throw in a pair of shoes for good measure. I love shoes. I especially love heels, but I've come to learn that 5 inch stilettos, golf courses and babies are just a bad combo. But wedges, well wedges are bit different...steadier for one thing. These are so far the only heeled shoes I've bought all spring. I got them several months ago from Dillards when they did a shoe sale. I've worn them a few times and they are cute, comfy and versatile. Now they're on sale at Nordies too for only $48.90! Yay!

Click here to purchase

As with most sale items, sizes are limited so if you see something you like, order quickly. But if your size is sold out, keep checking back. I've noticed that sizes become available again all the time.

One last thing: If you haven't already, go to ShopAtHome.com, register and download their toolbar. You'll begin receiving cash back on most online purchases. It is free and takes no extra work because once the toolbar is installed it automatically captures all qualifying purchases. I get a check in the mail every couple months. See? It pays to shop!

PS--Right now at Nordstrom you get 10% back on purchases. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment