Sunday, July 1, 2012

Must-have Makeup

This is my first blog post and I thought I would start out with a couple of new makeup products that I recently discovered and ELL-OH-VEE-EE!

I am a big big fan of cosmetics, both high and low end. I rarely leave the house without a full face of makeup. It just seems unfair to those who have to look at me! I think that if 10 minutes of applying makeup each morning makes you look and feel better about yourself, then do it! Who couldn't benefit from a little concealer and gloss? And in my case, foundation, blush, bronzer, liner, shadow, mascara...you get the picture.

I am always on the lookout for the next great thing when it comes to cosmetics. I buy and try any time something new comes out that promises results and more often than not, I am disappointed, but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained!

I have been using Bare Minerals for my face makeup for probably close to a decade now and have never found anything that I've liked better. Last week however, I decided to give beauty balm a try. It is all the rage here recently though it's been used in Asia forever. After reading reviews of several different beauty balms, I opted for this one by Too Faced.



My expectations were low, which always helps but WOW!!! This stuff is awesome! It promises to enhance, protect, nourish, prevent and perfect and so far, so good! It contains an SPF 20 and oil-free moisturizers. It looks like liquid foundation but I apply it liberally all over my face like I do my facial moisturizer. My skin immediately glows and looks really even--I do not have an even skin tone. Those who do could probably skip foundation altogether with this product, but I apply a quick dusting of my Bare Minerals foundation and Voila! My skin looks amazing! Best of all, it hasn't made me break out and I've been using it daily for a week so I think I'm safe. It is $32--well worth it if you ask me. Has anyone tried this? What do you think?

Click To Purchase

Up Next-- Bronzer!!!

I wear bronzer year-round. I don't care that I don't see the sun for weeks during the winter here. I truly believe in my heart of hearts that there is never an inappropriate season to look like you've just returned from St. Tropez, even if you've only just returned from Wal-Mart.

Again, I've used Bare Minerals in Warmth as my go-to bronzer forever. I've always felt that it looked a bit red on me but anything else I've ever tried has just made me look dirty, which is even worse.

This months' Allure Magazine Editor's Pick featured Custom Color Bronze by Stila and I was intrigued enough by it's promise to customize itself to fit my complexion that I had to give it a try.


I was pleasantly surprised! This bronzer adjusts with your skin tone to give you the perfect bronzed glow. There's a teeny tiny bit of shimmer--just enough that it's not matte. Finally!! Not red, not dirty! Definitely a must for bronzer lovers like myself.

Click To Purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment